Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal
She mourns when a long-time patient is denied a heart transplant. She tells the riveting stories of doctors who have faced the death of a newborn in their arms, and have faced the glare of lawyers in the courtroom.
If you would like to write a review for this site c1, words in length , then please email Angela Woods with a short explanation of why you are well placed to review the book. Please also indicate if you would like a hard or electronic copy. Reblogged this on Jack O'Sullivan. You are commenting using your WordPress.
What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine de Ofri, Danielle en Gandhi
You are commenting using your Google account. You are commenting using your Twitter account. You are commenting using your Facebook account. Notify me of new comments via email. Notify me of new posts via email.
Centre for Medical Humanities Blog. Skip to content. Our review copy has been snapped up — watch this space for the final results!
- What doctors feel: how emotions affect the practice of medicine;
- Saying Less and Doing More.
- The California Journal of Women Writers?
- Frequently bought together?
- A Review of the Radiosensitivity of the Tissues in Bone. A Report Prepared for Committees 1 and 2 of the International Commission on Radiological Protection and Received by the Committees on April 3, 1967?
- What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine!
- What doctors feel: how emotions affect the practice of medicine..
Like this: Like Loading This entry was posted in Review and tagged affect , book review , Danielle Ofri , doctors , invitation , medical writing , medicine. Bookmark the permalink. August 3, at pm.
See All Customer Reviews. Shop Books. Read an excerpt of this book! Add to Wishlist. USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly.
- What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine by Danielle Ofri | TCJWW.
- What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine | eBay.
- Writing Studies Research in Practice: Methods and Methodologies;
- The Person and the Situation: Perspectives of Social Psychology!
- Canadian Criminal Records: and How to Start Fresh.
Overview While much has been written about the minds and methods of the medical professionals who save our lives, precious little has been said about their emotions. Digging deep into the lives of doctors, Dr. Danielle Ofri examines the daunting range of emotions—shame, anger, empathy, frustration, hope, pride, occasionally despair, and sometimes even love—that permeate the contemporary doctor-patient connection.
Drawing on scientific studies, including some surprising research, Dr. Ofri offers up an unflinching look at the impact of emotions on health care. Ofri takes us into the swirling heart of patient care, telling stories of caregivers caught up and occasionally torn down by the whirlwind life of doctoring.
What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine
She admits to the humiliation of an error that nearly killed one of her patients. She mourns when a beloved patient is denied a heart transplant.
- What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine?
- Copyright information.
- New Views of the Moon (geophysics).
- The Emotional Side Of Medicine | KCUR?
- This Just In: What I Couldnt Tell You on TV?
- Customers who viewed this item also viewed.
- What is Kobo Super Points??
Average Review. Write a Review. Related Searches.
What doctors feel
A critical care and emergency flight nurse, Jennifer Culkin is no stranger to death and A critical care and emergency flight nurse, Jennifer Culkin is no stranger to death and its dramas, or the urgency that accompanies them. Her memoir plunges us into the chaos of emergency medicine at all altitudes, masterfully reflecting on the View Product. An inspiring story of doctors who changed the health care of an African nationDr.